I've made versions of this recipe twice now, and both times it has impressed with presentation and taste.
1 Cornish game hen, defrosted
1/4 cup of butter melted in one bowl; another 1/4 cup of butter melted in another bowl
half a green bell pepper finely chopped
half of a red bell pepper, finely chopped
1/2 cup of sweet onion, finely chopped
2 tbsp of finely chopped garlic
handful of parsley finely chopped (probably 1/2 cup)
1 tbsp dried basil
1/2 tbsp dried oregano
1 tsp italian seasoning
salt & pepper
1. preheat oven to 325 degrees
2. In a bowl, mix everything but 1/4 cup of butter.
3. Place the bird in a baking dish. I have a casserole dish with a glass lid that works beautifully (something like this) Stuff the inside of the bird with the vegetable mix. Put the rest on top of the bird.
4. pour remaining 1/4 cup of butter on bird.
5. cook for 85 minutes at 325 with glass cover on.
6. Remove lid and bake for another 5 minutes at 500 degrees or until skin is brown.
I think this recipe could be easily made into a one dish dinner by adding some vegetables around the side of the dish. Chunks of parsnips, carrots, potatoes, sweet potatoes, beets, etc. Just place them around the bird in the same dish. The butter and seasoning of the bird would probably spread, especially given the additional butter.