Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Clementine Lime Pie

A wealth of quickly riping clementines prompted me to search for this recipe. here is my modification

Filling:
1/3 cup of Lime juice (I used the fridge bottled juice)
1/4 cup of Orange juice
1 Tbsp grated clementine rind
4 eggs lightly beaten
14 oz can of sweetened condensed milk
3 clementines.

1 store bought graham cracker crust.

1. Preheat oven to 350 F
2. Line the bottom of the pie dish with clementines wedges
3. In a bowl, mix all remaining filling ingredients. Pour over the clementines into the pie dish
4. bake for 15 minutes. Then let cool at room temperature and then put in the fridge for 2 hours.
5. To serve, garnish with more clementine wedges and some lime rind shavings.

Couple of things
I know I should make my own crust, but I'm always in a time rush. This is a corner worth cutting in my world, but someday I'll try harder.
Also, don't cheat the fridge time! I didn't let it cool at room temperature and only left it int he fridge for 1.5 hours - as a result, when I tried to serve it, it was difficult. I think more time and it would have geled nicely. As a result, I'm not sure how essential it is to let it cool at room temperature, but baking is an exact science so what do I know.

looked pretty impressive, I think.

Original recipe here

No comments:

Post a Comment